Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snow in the summer by Sayadaw U Jotika

Loneliness does not come from having no-one around oneself,but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views that others find inadmissible.

If a man knows more than other people, he becomes lonely. But loneliness is not necessarily inimical to companionship, for no-one is more sensitive to companionship than the lonely man, and companionship thrives only when each individual remembers his/her inidividualty and does not identify him/herself with others.

I don't want judgement; I want understanding. I am also not perfect.

I'm also a human being.I'm not trying to be somebody. I just try my best to understand whatever is happening in my life, in my mind, in my heart, No name and no fame; when i die nothing will remain.

If you can be mindful when you are sick you will learn something very deep and meaningful. You will see how lonely you are and how meaningless everything is. When the worst of the worst happens we will be really alone.

When you think it is impossible to be mindful, that is the time when it is most important to be mindful.

If you understand your mind, most of your problems will disappear because most of the problem are mind-made -- they have no reality outside your mind.

The mind is a great magician: It creates suffering and it suffers; it creates pleasure and it enjoys; it is bitten by a snake which is its own creation and suffers the effect of the poison.

Do not distrub yourself by thinking the whole of yourlife.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home







Custom Search